Here are the most frequently asked questions thus far. Check back for more as we continue to receive great questions from campers and their families.
Where is camp located?
The Westtown School is located in West Chester, Pennsylvania, less than an hour from Philadelphia. The campus boasts air-conditioned dorms, a lake, pool, ropes course, nature trails, athletic facilities, amazing arts spaces for all disciplines and a working farm! Learn more about our campus here.
How long are the sessions?
Each 12-night session begins on a Tuesday and ends on a Sunday.
What art disciplines are you offering?
Campers in grades 3-11 pick one Arts Major from the following: Contemporary Theatre, Shakespeare, Creative Writing, Dance, Instrumental Music Ensemble*, Musical Theatre, Photography, Vocal Music Ensemble, and Visual Art.
*All Instrumental Music campers must have at least one year of prior experience with an instrument.
All participants also choose kinesthetic arts options and electives.
Are auditions required?
Auditions are not required for our program. Arts mentors will be in touch with participants prior to camp to help set goals for personal growth.
Can I send my camper packages?
Sessions are 12 days long. Between the partnership of parents and camp, campers are provided with anything and everything they might need. Therefore, packages are not accepted at camp. We accept standard flat business size (#10) or greeting card envelopes so that families can correspond with campers. Mail larger than these will either be held at the office to be picked up on closing day or will be returned to the sender.
If your camper needs something, like a piece of clothing, an important toiletry that was forgotten at home, lost, or ran out while at camp, you can call our camp office at 609-410-9870 or email CreativeArts@URJ.org and we will be happy to discuss the need.
What is the URJ cancelation and refund policy?
- Cancellation by 90 days or more prior to the first session start date – 100% of tuition is refundable except for the administrative deposit
- Cancellation between 90 days and 45 days prior to the first session start date – 75% of tuition is refundable
- Cancellation by 45 days or less prior to the first session start date – no refunds will be given unless stated below.
- Camp reserves the right to refund any eligible refund in multiple installments as determined by Camp.
- Refunds will be given without penalty (including deposit):
- for campers on a “Waiting List” (those not able to be placed in their desired session at Camp) if at any time they choose to be removed from the list or are ultimately unable to be placed;
- if Camp is unable or elects not to open because of government regulations, orders or guidelines
- if Camp is required to cancel the session of a child with a pre-existing health condition;
- If Camp is unable to secure a rental facility;
- if Camp is unable or chooses not to open at their own discretion.
Refunds not given:
- Refunds will not be made if Camper has attended any portion of the session at Camp. This covers all circumstances, including, but not limited to:
- Camper’s homesickness
- Camper’s refusal or inability to participate in the normal activities at Camp
- Camper’s violation of any rules, regulations or policies at Camp for which Camper has been provided notice, and as described below in “Camper’s Participation and Camp Program Expectations” section.
Is program protection or other insurance available?
Yes, as in past years third party travel insurance is available. This year very few insurance companies are offering cancel for any reason insurance, but we are excited to present some available options that include a cancel for any reason policy that covers 75% reimbursement, with the general interruption and medical policy covered at 100%.
Are there any changes to the Terms and Conditions?
Yes, we have made some changes in light of the current circumstances. We have standardized payment deadlines across all URJ camps and have revised our refund policy with some COVID-19-specific factors in mind.
What are the options for making payments?
We are committed to offering ways for our families to avoid this charge. Families can choose E-check at time of check out or pay with a debit card. E-Check will allow tuition to be deducted directly from either your checking or savings account and can also be used with payment plan options.
Deposits and electronic payments may be made by E-check, Debit Card (all without surcharge) and Credit Card (Visa, Mastercard and Discover). A non-refundable 2.75% credit card processing fee will be added to all credit card transactions.